Seasons greetings my friends! I hope you’re enjoying some special family time, and are gearing up to launch into a brand new year.
It’s around this time that I look back on how Danya Banya went in 2015, and see which posts were the most popular.
It’s always interesting, for me anyway, to see which posts make this list – they are not always the ones that I would have predicted…
Best Kids Activities Posts from 2015
- 17 Dice Games for Kids – that teach early maths skills.
- Paper Plate Sheep Mask – that toddlers can make! (This was one of our favs.)
- DIY Heart Shaped Stamp – great for around Valentine’s Day.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge Craft – paying homage to one of Sydney’s most iconic landmarks.
- Glowing Water Beads – and learn about fluorescence.
- Yarn-Wrapped Jack-o-Lanterns Craft – for some Halloween fun.
- How to Make Glowing Ice – perfect for ‘Frozen’ sensory play.
- Suncatcher Window Clings – these were really fun to make and look pretty! (Another fav.)
- Tipping Teapot Craft – that we made to go with the nursery rhyme “I’m a Little Teapot”.
- DIY Wooden Peg Farm Animals – and sing along to “Old Macdonald Had A Farm”.
If you missed any of these posts, or if you’re looking for a fun activity to do with the kids, pop over and check out some of these fun activities.
I also thought it would be fun to look back and see which of my older posts are still doing well.
The Top 10 Posts of All Time
These posts, written in previous years, continue to be super popular in 2015.
- Easy Fireworks Painting for Kids – we did this activity in preparation for last New Years Eve.
- Emo Dolls – DIY dolls with changeable facial expressions, to encourage emotional play.
- Two Ingredient Slime that GLOWS! – because anything that glows is awesome. 🙂
- Baby Activity Box – for older babies that love to post!
- 8 Battles I’m Letting My Toddler Win – this is a parenting post about letting go, so I can focus on what’s really important…
- Rain Sticks – music you can make!
- DIY Light Table – this is a good one to try before you pack your Christmas lights away…
- Glitter Party Poppers – another activity we did for New Years Eve.
- DIY Play Snow – great for snow play in places where mother nature doesn’t provide.
- Edible Peanut Butter Play Dough – our recipe is low in sugar, but still VERY
And, in case you’re curious, here are our ‘best of’ lists from the last few years. (Apparently I was a bit keen last year and created four lists, but one will have to suffice this year!)
- Best of 2014: Art & Crafts for Kids
- Best of 2014: Parenting
- Best of 2014: Top Food & Recipe Posts
- Best of 2014: Top Playful Posts
- Best of 2013
I should also mention that this year I launched a brand new site called Go Science Kids, which was pretty monumental for me. So now I feel kinda like a blogger with two heads. 🙂
I can’t wait to see what 2016 brings!!
Like it? Share it…