Are you looking for a quick and easy activity that will entertain your toddler?
Pasting may just be your answer. This keeps JJ (our 2 year 2 month old) entertained for about half an hour each night, several times a week. It still requires some supervision, but it’s the kind of hands-off passive supervision that is lovely at the end of the day. When Mr Banya has had a busy day at work, he’s quite happy to sit down with a cup of tea and watch over JJ while she pastes. And then I can grab half an hour to myself!
- A small toddler craft table (with optional plastic sheet / table cloth under the table)
- Toddler chair (optional – my daughter tends to stand)
- Stack of old recycling paper
- Container of about 15 or so small cupcake patty pans, pre-separated
- Container of cut up bits of colourful paper (I like to upcycle old wrapping paper)
- Glue stick or pot of clag glue (or both)
- A couple of books of little stickers from the $2 discount shop.
That’s a Muesli Bar Cake in her bowl. Oh and yes, she is sporting a tie “tail”. 🙂
Of course, do watch out that your toddler isn’t eating the glue / paste. Even though it may be non-toxic, you still don’t want it consumed in large amounts! But don’t worry if she gets some glue / paste on the table, on her clothes, on her hands, etc – it is easy to wash off. It’s better to let her make a bit of a mess, than to be hovering over her with a wet wipe and stifle her.
Like it? Share it…