The base is one of JJ’s hand-me-down size 0000 yellow singlets.
I used the “1″ template from my fabric numbers. It is a little large for a newborn’s singlet. I debated whether to reduce the font size. But I have in mind to create a numbered top for Bee every month, with the number being the same size to show proportionally how much she’s grown, and she will grow into this font size soon enough.
I searched through my fabric scrap collection for odd fabrics of differing colours & patterns, and sewed them together into stripes. Then I traced the number one using the template, cut it out, and pinned it on. Using a pale yellow thread, I sewed it on with a long straight stitch, trying not to stretch the fabric as I sewed. Then I sealed the edges using a long wide zigzag stitch.
And here is little 1 month old Bee totally rocking it!
Now I have to get started on a “2″….
(Linking up with Pam from Threading My Way for Threading Your Way).
(This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.)