So what is a Liebster Award? The award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. By following some basic rules (answer 11 questions set by your nominee, write 11 questions of your own and pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer) it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.
Alicia from One Mother Hen has just nominated me for my first blogging award: The Liebster Award. Thank you so much Alicia!!! The Liebster Award is like a great big hug from someone within the blogging community, and a chance to pass that hug on.
Here are my answers to Alicia's 11 questions....
1. What is your favourite book character ever?
Oh, this is a tricky one... So many to choose from... I like Olivia, from the children's book series Olivia. So enthusiastic!
2. What's in your fridge veggie draw, right now?
Raddish, broccolini, carrots, mushrooms, beans, asparagus.
3. What was the last thing you took a photo of?
Lol, a tray of raw bacon. It was Mr Banya's birthday on Sunday so made him bacon & maple syrup for breakfast. Took this as a before shot, but got distracted, so never took the after shot.
4. Where was the last place you travelled to?
We went to Hayman Island for a wedding in May. It was beautiful, with lots of meandering paths that led straight on to ponds. But not the best when chasing a runaway toddler!
5. Do you wear thongs (flip flops, thought I should clarify!), what colour are they?
Certainly do! I have 3 pairs at the moment - black, brown and bright turquoise. Thinking of investing in some more pairs for this summer.
6. What was the last shop (besides the supermarket) you bought anything from? And what?
Does eBay count? I've buy a lot of my craft supplies from eBay sellers - cheaper & ship to my door... But if not, then cheap sunnies from a stall at a festival last weekend.
7. What is your least favourite chore?
Easy, doing the dishes. Bleugh. Spent a fortune once hiring a dishwasher for house we were renting, when certainly couldn't afford such a luxury at the time. But money well spent cos it totally saved our relationship.
8. What is the last tv show you watched?
A few days ago I
9. Do you have a family nickname, or one your friends call you?
Hold onto your seat because... Banya isn't my real last name. My older brother has been calling me Danya Banya for as long as I could remember.
10.Name three things on your kitchen bench.
Clean dishes drying in the drying rack, a fruit bowl with a diminishing supply of oranges, kiwi fruit and bananas, and a pile of junk mail that needs to find the recycling bin.
11.Name three things on your bathroom vanity.
a) Contacts case and solution. Cos I'm blind.
b) Make up. Cos I'm vain.
c) Hair dye packet. Cos I'm old!
OK, now it is my turn to share some blog hugging love. The eleven blogs I have nominated for a Liebster Award are (in alphabetical order, because I'm a bit
2. Housewife in Heels
4. Melbourne Mum
5. Missy Mac Creations
6. Mummy Chaos
7. Our Little Sins
8. Sewing the Littleheart Collection
9. The Crafty Expat
10. The Illiterate Infant
Pop on over and check out all their blogs. They are awesome! (Sorry This Charming Mum, was going to include you, but you've just creeped over the 200 FB likers disqualification mark...)
1. Tell me about a fun memory from your childhood
2. Tell me about a more recent fun memory
3. Do you exercise?
4. Does your family have any traditions?
5. What's your favourite children's story?
6. What do you do for "me time"?
7. What's something (or someone) pretty in your life right now?
8. Confess something.
9. What was the last thing you read offline?
10. Tell me a joke. The cheesier the better...
11. If you could publish a book on anything, what sort of book would it be?
Congratulations to those nominated, and thanks again Alicia for nominating me!
And a big hello to Jess from Diary of a SAHM and Team IBOT. (Exciting news about the rebrand btw!)
(This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.)